|Mutton cutlet- It's purely homemakers idea!|
Well, as the title suggests, the mutton cutlet is one of the most palatable dishes I ever know. Although the commercial preparation has a different tinge to it, this recipe was my brainchild. My friends called me to say that they want to visit; definitely, I pondered to give them a sweet surprise. I had minced mutton, potato, dal and other veggies in my store and a sudden idea clicked my mind. Well, I had a newly bought air fryer and thought of making the best utilization of it.
Ingredients: All you need for this recipe are as follows. The preparation is meant for 4-6 persons.
- Minced meat (300gms),
- 4 big potatoes boiled an mashed,
- 1 onion chopped,
- 1 tomato chopped,
- 2 green chilies chopped,
- 1 teaspoon garam masala,
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste,
- ¾ teaspoon of salt,
- ½ cup of dal boiled,
- Oil for frying,
- ½ cup of coriander leaves chopped.
Brush for using oil
1. Boil the potatoes and keep apart.
2. Steam the minced mutton and keep aside.
3. Heat oil and then add the vegetable. Fry the onion tomatoes, add ginger garlic paste and sauté nicely. Remove and keep aside.
4. Boil the dal and keep aside. Drain the water and keep it standing.
5. Boil potatoes and mash it.
5. Now add the fried minced mutton with boiled potatoes and dal. Mix it well till it takes the shape of the dough. Add chopped green chilies and coriander leaves. Prepare smaller dough and then leave.
6. Line the air fryer with parchment paper and slowly keep the smaller dough in it. Brush oil in it and leave for 10 minutes. Turn sides and then again keep for 10 minutes.
|Mutton cutlet-the final decor|
The same procedure could be repeated with an oven. Instead of frying, the new concept is to brush oil and bake. Oil consumption is lower and the resultant snack is crunchier, healthier. Well, my friends were so filled with appreciation that we decided to start a healthy cooking party every month. Don’t you feel it’s a great idea?