|Mouth watering mutton ghugni|
1. 1/2 cup of ghugni ( dried yellow peas ) soaked overnight,
2. 1/4 kgs . of mutton ( boneless only chunks),
3. 3 medium sized onions chopped,
4. 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped,
5. 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste,
6. 1 teaspoon of coriander powder,
7. 3/4 teaspoon of cumin powder,
8. 1 teaspoon of garam masala ( a blend of cinnamon, cardamom and black pepper ),
9. 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder.
10. 1/3 cup of chopped coriander leaves,
11. 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder,
12. 1 teaspoon of salt,
13. 1-2 pcs. of bay leaf,
14. Oil for cooking
15. Lemon for decoration ( also for those who prefer )
1. The ghugni is to be soaked overnight and cooked in a pressure cooker.
2. Cook the mutton pieces inside a pressure cooker with salt and turmeric powder. After repeated whistles remove; the mutton should be tender and soft.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and add bay leaf, ginger garlic paste to it.
4. Add the onion and tomatoes, cook till it becomes softened.
5. Add the boiled ghugni ( yellow peas) to it and then cook.
6. Add spices to it- turmeric, red chili, cumin, coriander to it. Stir well till the spices blend and it emits the characteristic smell.
7. Boiled mutton should be cooked and then added to the ghugni.
8. Top with chopped coriander leaves and lemon. You may add lemon juice for tantalizing taste.
Enjoy this with your friends, let the remember the evening with tea and mutton ghugni!