Thursday 1 March 2012

Orange Cake- the spongy soft delicious wonder!


Delicious spongy , soft orange cake.

Baking can be very exciting. When you are confident of the process, you simply do not hesitate to try some permutation combinations. I was influenced by one of my close friends staying in US as she shared with me the procedure of making spongy soft Orange Cake. When I ended up with my experiment, simply couldn’t believe my eyes how awesome it can be and the taste was simply wow. Let me share my experience and the process of making this truly exciting yet simple recipe.


Ingredients: (for a medium sized cake)

1 ¼ cup of white flour,
1 ½ tsp. baking powder,
1/8 tsp. salt, 
1 cup unsalted butter, 
Grated rind of a medium sized orange,
2 eggs at room temperature, 
2 teaspoons of milk.

For the syrup:

½ cup sugar,
1 cup of freshly strained orange juice,
4 slices of orange for decoration.



Procedure: Mix the flour, salt and baking powder well. Whip the butter until soft. You can use an electric mixer if you have else may use a spatula even. Add the sugar, orange rind and continue beating until it’s light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Fold the entire mixture in 3 batches and the add milk to it. Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius. Shift the mixture to a baking tray and bake at 140 degree Celsius for 30 minutes. You will observe that the cake pulls in from both sides. Then remove the baking tray from the oven and allow it to cool down. Meanwhile add 1 cup of strained orange juice with sugar syrup and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. Let the syrup cool down. Prick the hot cake all over and pour the syrup over it. The cake will absorb the whole of the syrup. Allow it to cool down and unmold it when the entire cake is settled. You may decorate the same with orange slices as shown in the picture above.

When you serve it in front of your family I am sure that your children will love it to the last extent and will demand this as his Tiffin box item for the entire week.











5 comments:

  1. Sweta,

    I swear I hat coming to your home.... You make me so hungry : )

    Just kidding this looks so yummy. I wish I could bake

    xoxoxo

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica......u r welcum .....

    ReplyDelete

Day trips you can plan starting from Madrid

Spain, a country situated along the Iberian peninsula, South Western Europe shelters 48 UNESCO world heritage sites, beaches, vibrant cit...