|The sweet n sour chicken will definitely tantalize your taste buds.|
Chicken in honey sauce – a unique charismatic fusion of the two sensuous taste, sweet and sour. Experts say that this exclusive fusion dish is usually served in Chinese cuisine but even American restaurants take the pride to serve this to the esteemed guests. People go crazy over the desired taste of crunchy, juicy chicken chops layered in a juice of honey. Let’s see the method of preparation of this luscious wonder.
Ingredients (for 3-4 persons):
Boneless chicken (400gms.),
Egg white (from 1 egg) ,
Egg (the entire content),
Corn starch (4 teaspoons),
White flour (1/4th cup),
Water (1/4th cup),
Soya sauce ( 1 teaspoon)
Salt (1 teaspoon)
Honey (3 tablespoons),
Rice vinegar (3 teaspoons),
Garlic crunch (½ tablespoon),
Ginger crunch ( 1 teaspoon),
Toasted sesame seeds (for garnishing),
Oil for frying.
|Stage 1 :preparing the batter|
|Stage 2: Deep fry the chicken pieces|
- Cut the boneless chicken pieces into cubical shapes.
- Prepare the batter with egg, egg white, corn starch, white flour, water, soya sauce and salt. Allow it to stand for 15 minutes.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the batter for 1-2 minutes and deep fry in oil. Remove the fried chicken, keep separately after soaking the extra oil in a tissue paper.
- Take about 2 teaspoon of oil and sauté the garlic and ginger crunch for some time. Add the honey and vinegar making the dip.
- Mix the fried chicken with the prepared dip.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Enjoy your evening with honey chicken and rice. A peg of wine will definitely make the evening truly spellbound and romantic.