|Yummilicioius Pasta in white sauce|
Pasta is a food item of Italian origin which is made from unleavened dough and durum wheat flour. By virtue of its taste and quality, pasta is a very popular food across the world. For children who ponder about fussing with food, mummies can make a smart solution to turn a day’s boring lunch menu with pasta. Just watch your child finish the whole bothering you a little to wash the plate. Smart mummies will even combine paste with vegetables of their choice so that the little ones do not miss out the necessary nutrition.
Ingredients: (for preparation of 2-3 persons)
Pasta (a standard packet of 150 gms. weight),
Salt (1 teaspoon),
Broccoli (½ part of a medium piece),
Tomato (2 medium sized ones chopped),
Onion (2 medium sized ones chopped),
Bell pepper (1 medium sized chopped),
Olive oil (2 tablespoons),
Cheddar cheese (grated 1 ½ tablespoon),
White flour (2 tablespoons),
Salted butter (2 tablespoons filled),
Milk (1 cup),
Water (3/4th cup),
Dried thyme (½ teaspoon),
Pasta sauce (2 tables spoons, optional).
1. Boil the pasta in water for about 5-7 minutes, drain it and allow it to dry.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet; cook the vegetables (onions, tomatoes, bell pepper, and broccoli) till it becomes soft. Add ½ teaspoon of dried thyme and salt to it.
3. Add the pre boiled pasta to it and mix nicely. You may add pasta sauce for the ultimate taste.
4. Mean while it’s time to prepare the white sauce. Melt butter in a pan, add white flour to it. Roast it but make sure that the white flour should not turn brownish. Add milk to it and keep stirring so that no lumps are formed. Add the desired amount of water.
5. Shift the white sauce to a microwave safe bowl. Add the paste to it. Top it with shredded cheese.
6. Shift it to a microwave for 7 minutes.
Remove and sprinkle black pepper over it before serving to your guests/family persons. I am sure that you will love the style of pasta and admit “Pazzzta is yummilicious”.